[RASMB] aluminum centerpieces

Timothy R. Mack mack at cabm.rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 13 10:47:00 PST 2004

Hello,
We have inherited a number of older centerpieces. I have three that appear
to be aluminum (they are grey and quite heavy, actual mass 10.29g) but the
part number that is on the centerpiece does not correspond to the part
number from Beckman for their aluminum centerpiece. I called Beckman but
they never heard of this part number (306 315). Can anyone confirm for me
that this is an aluminum centerpiece. If this is an aluminum centerpiece
does anyone know why the number was changed? I am quite confident that
this is an aluminum centerpiece but I would like to know for sure before I
start spinning it at high speeds. Any info on this part would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

Timothy R. Mack
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
679 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-5627

Phone: (732) 235-4206
Fax: (732) 235-5289