[RASMB] presentation graphics

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 8 10:14:00 PDT 2003

Dear Giselle

Yes, one does need to have versatile, presentation quality graphics software
available to display your equilibrium data. And neither of the two
possibilities you mention (Excel, Kaleidagraph) really rates in that area.

I personally use pro Fit on my Apple G4 for this purpose - it will open
files from the XL-A's PC directly (over our LAN if I am feeling lazy), and
only a trivial bit of editing is needed (incl. re-formatting column 1). pro
Fit (Quantum Soft, Zürich) then gives you the ability to display your data
as you want it, multiple graphs/axes/colours and all that, plus the option
of outputting to a range of standard file formats.

However, you do need a Mac and pro Fit. A good Windows alternative is Sigma
Plot. Clunky with user-generated functions it may be, but it does provide
quality display graphics for you.

Kind regards

Arthur

Arthur J Rowe