[RASMB] presentation graphics

Giselle Knudsen knudsen at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed May 7 21:30:00 PDT 2003

Hello RASMB group,

Thanks very much to Holger Strauss, Helmut Colfen and John Correia for
your advice on repairing the rib on our broken cell-housings.  I am going
to try the two-part epoxy glue method once I am able to find a replacement
rib.  (I'm in touch with a machine shop that should be able to make them.)

I do have a new question for the group today.  I have been using WinNonlin
to analyze my sedimentation equilibrium data for some time.  I save a
screen capture of the graphs in my notebook along with the text files of
the x-y data.  When it comes to making a few simple graphs it's easy
enough to import this data into Excel or Kaliedagraph, but now I'm to the
point where I have lots of scans to handle.

Has anyone written a data converter that reformats the x-y output from
NonLin into an easily graphable format that can be used for preparation of
presentation-quality graphics?  I would very much appreciate your
suggestions.

Thanks very much!

-Giselle Knudsen
graduate student, UCSF