[RASMB] NONLIN concentration factors

Giselle Knudsen knudsen at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 5 16:14:00 PDT 2003

Hello everyone,

Could you advise me on the appropriate use of concentration factors in
Nonlin?  I want to be sure I get the correct units for Ka (in uM), as I am
fitting multiple scans at once.

I found the very helpful description by John Correia here:
http://rasmb-email.bbri.org/pipermail/rasmb/2002/000161.html

I'd like to pose just one more question following this Ka definition.
Given a simple monomer-dimer model, I find that the value output for lnK2
is actually ln (K2 in OD^-1/C.F.).  Would you input C.F. = 2/E*l?
That should give a corrected K2 in uM^-1 units, and this value is what
should be fixed to the multiple data sets.

Did I get this correct?

Thank you for your advice!

Giselle Knudsen
grad student, UCSF