[RASMB] problems with housings

Tom Laue Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Thu Aug 14 07:59:01 PDT 2003

Hi-
I agree with John  about the centerpieces. We have  sanded down the
sides on many centerpieces. Another problem solvent with respect to
swelling is high concentrations of DMSO and we have seen problems with
centerpiece weakening in 6 M GuHCl. This leads to distortion and leaking
at high speeds in subsequent runs.
I would suggest using a different glue since superglues are volatile and
will evaporate in the vacuum (at least the ones I am familiar with). A
tiny amount of epoxy will do the trick- the keyway ordinarily is held in
by the fit.
Best wishes,
Tom

University of New Hampshire