[RASMB] problem with data fitting (fwd)

Sowmya Subramanian sowsur at UDel.Edu
Fri Jul 11 12:21:00 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:13:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sowmya Subramanian <sowsur at copland.udel.edu>
To: subramanisowmya at hotmail.com
Subject: problem with data fitting (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:31:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sowmya Subramanian <sowsur at copland.udel.edu>
To: rasmb at bbri.org
Subject: problem with data fitting

Hi,
I am having problem fitting my analytical centrifuge data. When i try to
fit my data to fixed MW, the program stops with an error message. The
error reads, the fitting function returned INF(i guess infinity) for
atleast one X value.
 The function fit command
FuncFit/H=Holdem $ModelName coeff A /X=A_pnt/D=A_Fit/W=A_er
the A_er is highlighted inthe error message. Can the way i name the file
make any difference?? like the use of a mathematical sign??

 Physically, the data looks good(like my earlier ones) and i have been
able to fit data from my earlier expts..but the latest  one, for some
reason, doesnt seem to get a good fit, the program just aborts within a
few seconds.
I hardly have any idea of how this program works, i mean, i dont
understand the codes very much and my own experience with understanding
computer programs is nil..
If someone can help me out, it would be really great.
Thanks
sowmya