[RASMB] centerpiece stuck

Lustig ariel.lustig at unibas.ch
Sat Jun 7 09:21:01 PDT 2003

Dear  Julie,
I believe , If you claim that your  centerpiece stucks (or better squizzed
in), you
you succeed to to remove the upper windowholder (I hope
with  sahpire  windows , they break less) .
Try from below !!  to push  with   a flattened  rod  (I have a set  of
different diameters
  plastic rods made by our  workshop )about 15mm, so that the rod will
touch only the  metal part but not  the  window himself. IMPORTANT is that
with the pressure  you readjust the  centerpiece
to  move  parallel  with the  key-way . A drop of  fat  on the key
way  where the removed  upper window holder was may help.
You should not be afraid  to use  an Wooden/plastic  hammer  with  small
knocks to knock
on the  15mm road  when the cell-housing is upside down . If the lower
window holder is already
shifted upward  (does not sit  completely  at the lowest  postion) try also
to press  with the 15mm rod and some lens-paper between !!!!,
very  carefully ! The principle  to bring the centerpiece in parallel position.
Try the same  at 4°C or at 40°C. because the Epon  --centerpiece  expanse
different as the
alum.

Good luck....ariel