[RASMB] CsCl gradient

Laura.Giangiacomo at uniroma1.it Laura.Giangiacomo at uniroma1.it
Wed Oct 2 11:18:00 PDT 2002

Dear all,
next week I will start to do some experiments about protein-DNA interaction
in a CsCl gradient. As I never worked with CsCl gradients, I need to know
almost everything, e.g. how to prepare a CsCl saturated solution, how to
handle the sample and how to analyze the data (I guess there should be a
density distribution of CsCl and hence of the different macromolecular
species as a function of radius and rotor speed). I must add that I do not
have a densitymeter, so I can't make direct density measurements.
Is there any review available or is there anybody who works on these topic
and who can help me?
Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Laura Giangiacomo