[RASMB] Beckman data acquisition software (4.5) and Windows 98

Andrew Leech apl3 at york.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 11:58:00 PDT 2002

Hello all,

 I'm planning on replacing the computer attached to our XL/A, because
it is getting slow and temperamental (it is an ageing non-Beckman P120).
I have asked the local IT staff about sorting out a Windows 95 machine,
but they tell me they would be a lot happier with Windows 98 if at all
possible. Since the software operates over a serial link, and W98 is
rather similar to W95, I wondered if anybody had tried using the Beckman
GUI (version 4.5) under W98, and with what success, or lack thereof?

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk