[RASMB] (no subject)

Alex Sheftel caterinacammalleri at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 2 12:15:01 PDT 2002

I am presently studying the binding of a 58900 dalton coagulation protein to a 2676 dalton peptide.  I have performed velocity runs to determine the sedimentation coefficients of each protein.  My next goal is to perform an equilibrium run but I am not sure how many diffrent concentrations I must prepare as well as what diffrent speeds to carry out the run.  I also would like to know if AUC is a good method to assess binding between two proteins with a large gap in molecular weights?  Can the results be analyzed using the NONLIN program and will I be able to determine the binding constant Kd?

Thank you

Caterina Cammalleri