[RASMB] SEC Simulations

H. Olin Spivey ospivey at bmb-fs1.biochem.okstate.edu
Sat Dec 15 13:00:01 PST 2001

Dear Colleagues,

    Another question placed in a separate message to facilitate indexing.

    We have extensive data testing for association between two
different enzymes on a size exclusion HPLC column using the modified
Hummel-Dreyer technique of Gegner and Dahlquist (1991) Proc. Natl
Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 88, 750-754.  We perform the elutions with a series
of ligand concentrations, which absorb at 280 and 340 nm.  Thus the
elution profiles at 280 and 340 nm are quite complex.  We would like
to have a simulation program to check our interpretation of these
profiles.  Would some of you be able to recommend such a program?
Although it would be nice to include diffusion, a program ignoring
diffusion would still be helpful.  It would be  nice to include
association equilibria, but a program without this ability is better
than no program.

Thank you,
Olin
--
H. Olin Spivey                       Phone: (405) 744-6192
Dept. Biochem. & Molec. Biology      Fax:   (405) 744-7799