[RASMB] Jeff Lary

James Cole spincole at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 13:47:00 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues-

I am sorry to report that Jeff Lary passed away last week after a long illness.  As many of of you know, Jeff made significant contributions to the field of analytical ultracentrifugation during his career at UCONN.  He contributed to the  development of the interference optical system and several data analysis software packages, and was instrumental in running the UCONN training workshop. Jeff collaborated with many researchers at UCONN and at other institutions to provide high-quality analytical ultracentrifugation data and rigorous data analysis.

I learned a great deal working with Jeff. He was a gifted experimentalist and he taught me how to optimize data collection with the interference optical system. Jeff also helped train many of my students and postdocs. We will all miss him.

Regards,
Jim