[RASMB] [EXTERNAL] Serum and EH&S

John Sumida jpsumida at uw.edu
Thu Sep 27 13:27:21 PDT 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for your response to my question.  Interesting that your
institution accepts third party testing of human serum samples.  Ours does
not currently have any formal policy in place but has taken the position
that it is not possible to test for all potential blood borne pathogens.

With the older diffusion pump based instrument, I think doing these
measurements was more feasible since one did not have to worry about
damaging the TMP?

Do you have any recommended literature to point me at with respect to
measuring the hydrodynamic scaling constant (ks) or the second viral
coefficient (BMI)?  Do you do the latter by DLS or Sed Eq?

Thanks again for your response, and I hope that next time I post on this
topic I will have more interesting questions and some actual data to query
the group about.

Best regards,

John Sumida

University of Washington