[RASMB] [EXTERNAL] Serum and EH&S

Susumu UCHIYAMA suchi at bio.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Thu Sep 27 12:33:39 PDT 2018

We also run AUC of proteins in serum using commercial human and murine
serum (ref attached). Commercial human serum is usually tested for
infectious material before selling but it might need higher level of
bio-safety if you use serum from patients.
As for serum from health volunteer, it depends on the guideline of the
organization.

I guess AUC has filter not HEPA but "BioSafe optional dual PALL
Pharmaceutical-Grade Sterilizing Filters" which is installed for
preparative UC at the vacuum exhaust.

Best,
Susumu