[RASMB] [EXTERNAL] Serum and EH&S

John J. Correia jcorreia at umc.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:58:24 PDT 2018

John, my lab has been doing human serum proteins and human serum runs without concerns (see attached for relevant studies). When you buy human serum it's been tested for infectious material. The normal precautions of wearing gloves, a face mask, and then cleaning cell components are encouraged. Interpretation of the data is a bit harder since you must include ks and BM1 cross term values and thus know something about the serum composition and its interaction with your system of interest. This is part of the ongoing part of our work in this area.