[RASMB] Marc Lewis

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 03:29:58 PDT 2018

Dear Tom

How sad to hear of Marc’s death. His depth of knowledge and level of commitment to science have been an inspiration to so many of us over the years - along with the personal warmth which he brought to his life and colleagues. I believe I first met Marc when, during time when I held a Harvard Fellowship (’64 - ’66) I visited NIH on occasion, principally to meet up with Elemer Mihalyi, friend and collaborator. Marc's enthusiasm for AUC work was for sure one of the factors which kept my interest in that area, at a time when I might well have lost the technology from my ‘bag of interests’. He will indeed be missed.

Arthur Rowe