[RASMB] fringe focus

Rufer, Arne arne.rufer at roche.com
Mon Feb 26 08:07:59 PST 2018

Hi Holger,

make sure that you are centered on the zero-order fringe, the signal get's
weaker at higher order fringes. You can check this by turning the camera by
90°. If you see a region with crisp fringe patterns turn the camera back
and use the alignment screws for the mirrors to re-center on the zero-order
fringe (or have Beckman field service do this...). In addition, the glass
covering of the interference optical system at the bottom of the can needs
to be very clean.

Best,

Arne

Dr. Arne Rufer

Principal Scientist, Chemical Biology

Team Lead, Mechanistic Enzymology

Roche Pharma Research and Early Development

Roche Innovation Center Basel

F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.

Grenzacherstrasse 124, 065/208A

4070 Basel

Switzerland

Tel: 0041-(0)61-6882126

arne.rufer at roche.com

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the use of the
named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information
contained in this message is prohibited.