[RASMB] fringe focus

HGSR (Holger Martin Strauss) hgsr at novonordisk.com
Mon Feb 26 07:13:54 PST 2018

Hello out there,

I have a bit of a technical question: when I'm comparing fringe pictures of our two centrifuges, one of them looks blurred, but also less intensive (we can't regulate the gain of the camera from the ProteomeLab software any more). When I image the edges of the same counterbalance in the same rotor with the two centrifuges, I find that the radial range the edge image takes up is larger for one centrifuge - see attached.
Now I'm wondering: firstly, what can I expect for a well-focused optics and secondly, any other tests I could perform to nail down the issue? Thirdly, is anyone aware of a version of XLCamera running under WindowsXP?

Thanks, Holger