[RASMB] AUC Advanced Workshop and Symposium

david.hayes at boehringer-ingelheim.com david.hayes at boehringer-ingelheim.com
Tue Oct 17 07:30:19 PDT 2017

Hi all,

A reminder to sign up for the advanced AUC workshop and Symposium.  Advertisements attached.

I am especially keen to have a top notch structural modeler, Jim Swan, present to an audience of hard core biophysics and Gibbs conference type people.  Jack Correia is an instructor and speaker, so I know at least one of the Gibbs community will be there.  Jack and his friends are the only people I know who can talk about the properties of water for hours .  I am convinced that protein structure and function depends in a large part on the thermodynamics of water.  Just ask the mass spec guys who are trying to do protein-protein interactions in a vacuum.   They will tell you that every protein essentially turns inside out in the vacuum on some time scale.  Jim Swan gave a talk at Genentech and Dan Zarraga saw application to AUC, so we sent out the invitation in hopes of sharing the interest.

Kind Regards,

David Hayes