[RASMB] another vbar question

John Sumida jpsumida at uw.edu
Thu Sep 28 13:25:11 PDT 2017

Hi Borries,

Thank you for pointing me at the manuscript.

What would boundary data stemming from the MWL detector look like?  I am
fascinated that the spectral shifts shown in the paper can be observed in
real time at each radial position - if my reading is accurate?

Also in applying the 2DSA analysis wouldn't one still need to know what
v-bar was for the CdSe/ZnS qdots in order to calculate the equivalent
radius, MW etc. of the particles?  I am, perhaps, making the erroneous
assumption that "equivalent radius" is related to the core shell diameter in
your manuscript.

Also, by "leveraging error" you are referring to the very real situation
where the density of the q-dot is such that it would require too great a
proportion of the density matching solvent component?

Best regards,
John Sumida
Molecular Analysis Facility
University of Washington