[RASMB] Steve Shire

Olwyn Byron Olwyn.Byron at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 05:15:52 PDT 2017

Steve really was a pioneer of the use of biophysical characterisation in the biopharmaceutical industry and transferred his wisdom to the whole AUC community - I still refer often to his chapter on AUC and its use in biotechnology in the 1994 Schuster and Laue book Modern Analytical Ultracentrifugation.  I first met Steve in the early 1990s and had the pleasure of meeting him several times subsequent to that - including here in Glasgow in 2000.  What I remember about him is his lovely voice, his accent and that he was always smiling - as you see in the lovely photo of him on the memorial webpage mentioned in Tom's other email.  And that's how I'll continue to remember him.

Best wishes,
Olwyn

On 20 Jun 2017, at 19:46, "Laue, Thomas" <Tom.Laue at unh.edu<mailto:Tom.Laue at unh.edu>>