[RASMB] Strange AUC noise

Laue, Thomas Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Tue Oct 20 05:54:56 PDT 2015

Hi-
Were these Spin60 or Spin50 cells? If they were Spin60, it might be that the lamp timing on the ‘noisy’ machine is causing the light pulse to partially hit the centerpiece wall. This is a machine-to-machine problem, consistent with what you are seeing. However, the telltale for the timing problem is increased noise in the scans, often at the top of the cell, not a wave.  Consequently, I vote for the slit assembly lifting (John’s suggestion).
Tom