[RASMB] Volatile buffers in AUC question

Andrew Leech andrew.leech at york.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 13:48:33 PDT 2015

I'm sure a lot more solvent went through the pumps we used when I was
a chemist (when the cold traps warmed up). Mass spec systems also see
solvent and manage ok. I don't think it would be too difficult to
attach a hose to the backing pump exhaust inside the XLI, and lead it
to a suitable vent, if you were worried about it.

IPA seems to be a popular co-solvent for some protein chromatographers
these days. Is there much data on its effect on density and viscosity?

All the best,

Andrew