[RASMB] Volatile buffers in AUC question

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Wed Oct 14 12:03:42 PDT 2015

Oh, you didn’t say you meant combustion after being expelled through the vacuum pump, so I thought you were talking about combustion inside the chamber. I tend to doubt a flash of the vapor coming out of the vacuum pump is very likely, or that the amount of energy from 40 microliters (< 1 cal I think) would do much anyway, but that is way outside my expertise.

Regarding the Allergan rumor, yes they did build a fume hood around their centrifuge in case there was a leak of Botox, but I’m virtually certain they never trashed a centrifuge because there was one.

John