[RASMB] XLI absorbance problem

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Sat Feb 21 14:09:23 PST 2015

Igor, I agree with Tom that possibly the wavelength is very different from what is reported. For that reason it would perhaps be better to test with something having very broad absorbance rather than sharp peaks. On the other hand the wavelength intensity scans you sent earlier seem to indicate the wavelength is getting selected (i.e. the grating has not fallen out) and not grossly out of calibration.

Is there any possibility the instrument is somehow reporting data for the wrong cell? You have told the GUI that you are using a 4-hole rotor, not an 8-hole, correct? What was in the other cell positions when you recorded these benzene data?

John