[RASMB] XLI absorbance problem

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Feb 20 06:31:19 PST 2015

Dear Igor,
I agree with Andrew, this looks like a timing problem, obviously when
you intensity scan an empty hole it doesn't have this problem (no septum,
cell components in the light path) so the timing being a little bit off
still lets it hit the hole, just not a 2.5 degree channel. Can you still
perform an intensity scan when you put an empty cell in the hole? I am
not sure what the radial position was. If the radial calibration is off
you may not be at the position you think you are, so radially scan an empty
cell or the counterbalance and make sure the edges are at reasonable positions.

-b.