[RASMB] Centerpiece question

Walter Stafford wstafford3 at walterstafford.com
Thu Dec 18 10:44:04 PST 2014

Hi John,
I used a sharpened dissecting needle and a metal straight edge. And, yes you need an additional capillary at the top to allow the air to transfer to equalize the pressure between the sectors. Good point. Standard synthetic boundary cp's have both capillaries.

Walter
p.s. I don't think diamond tipped pens are very expensive.
You can get a carbide tipped pen (just as good on epon) from Sigma for  $15.60 Cat # Z225568-1EA
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/z225568?lang=en&region=US

On Dec 18, 2014, at 13:22, John Sumida <jpsumida at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Walter,
>
> Thanks.  What would you use to cut/scribe the channel.  I see that someone on RASMB used a diamond point pen – which sounds expensive.  Could one use an exacto blade?
>
> I assume one would also want to cut a straight capillary channel somewhere near the top of the channel to equalize pressure?
>
> John S.

Walter Stafford
wstafford3 at walterstafford.com

"We're all better off when we're all better off" –Eric Liu