[RASMB] gluing guide into cell housing

John Sumida jpsumida at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 22 07:38:36 PDT 2014

Dear RASMB,

We had the same issue with a number of our cells.  According to the Beckman reps we talked to about this, a specific tool was required to re-seat the guide in place but even in this case they could not guarantee that the problem would be solved. We requested that Beckman replace them which they did.  I’d be curious to know if this was the result of normal wear and tear or if it was something about the cells are being used that causes this to happen.  We did not attempt to glue the guide back into place, I was worried about getting excess glue on the inside of the sleeve and did not know whether the glue would hold up if the cells were dismantled and washed – we wash our cells by hand.

Thank you for your comments and suggestion.

Best regards,

John Sumida, Ph.D.

Analytical Biopharmacy Core Facility <http://depts.washington.edu/cidb4bio/index.shtml>

University of Washington