[RASMB] SPR query about CFCA applications

John Sumida jpsumida at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 13 15:19:31 PST 2014

Dear RASMB,

This question is in regards to an SPR application.  We are currently
investigating the use "calibration free concentration analysis" (CFCA) to
monitor the stability of macromolecular preps over time in terms of their
activity.  Input parameters for this analysis are ff0, viscosity, MW and D
and we are using AUC to better determine both.  Current applications seem to
assume ff0=1.5, which may not be correct for monoclonal preps based on my
reading of the literature.

My query.

1.       Is it currently the common practice to measure these quantities and
if so what is the preferred method to do so?

Thank you all and Happy New Year,

John Sumida, Ph.D.

 <http://depts.washington.edu/cidb4bio/index.shtml> Analytical Biopharmacy
Core Facility