[RASMB] Job opening, Biophysics & Protein Chemistry (Ph.D.), Alliance Protein Laboratories

John Philo jphilo at ap-lab.com
Wed Jun 12 16:25:14 PDT 2013

All,

See position description below. Please spread the word to anyone who might
be interested. Interested parties should contact me directly and/or e-mail
me a résumé.

John
----------------------
John Philo, Ph.D.
Vice President
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Inc.
1-858-550-9401, fax 1-858-550-9403
6042 Cornerstone Ct West, Suite A
San Diego, CA 92121 U.S.A.
Senior Scientist, Biophysics & Protein Chemistry (Ph.D.)

Alliance Protein Laboratories, a small contract research lab in San Diego,
is seeking a talented Ph.D. level scientist with 5+ years of experience,
preferably in the biotech industry, for experimental work characterizing
macromolecules (therapeutic proteins and peptides, vaccines, viruses, and
other biomolecules) and their interactions. The candidate will design and
perform the experiments, troubleshoot as needed, analyze and interpret the
data, and create written reports.

*	Significant experience with multiple biophysical and/or
spectroscopic methods such as analytical ultracentrifugation, light
scattering, DSC, circular dichroism, FTIR, fluorescence, and/or SPR is
required
*	Protein purification and other protein chemistry experience
preferred
*	The candidate should have good report-writing skills, and be able to
interface with clients and make presentations at scientific meetings
*	We are not a GMP lab, but some familiarity with regulated lab
environments is also desirable