[RASMB] turbo-molecular pumps in Beckman XLA XLI

Walter Stafford wstafford3 at walterstafford.com
Sat Apr 13 12:38:20 PDT 2013

First of all. I should say that this was not my idea, although I was the first to implement it. I do not remember who was the first to suggest a turbomolecular pump.

And Beckman had an able hand in this: without Rick Cole's helping hand and access to a machine shop to make the flange adaptor, it probably would not have happened. Oh, and we had some extra cash lying around: that helped a lot.

So, ... credit where credit is due.
Walter Stafford
wstafford3 at walterstafford.com