[RASMB] turbo-molecular pumps in Beckman XLA XLI

Dmitry Veprintsev dmitry.veprintsev at psi.ch
Fri Apr 12 13:53:31 PDT 2013

Fully support the cheers :)
I had two pumps installed by Andy Dean while I was in Cambridge (his own
interpretation of the idea), and they worked a treat. No problems with oil,
and you get to the vacuum in no time. Now I have a new instrument with a
turbomolecular pump as a standard, and they also work their magic.
Equilibrium run at 37C, and the optics is still usable. Interference lens
cover does need an occasional clean but it is a million times better than
before.
regards, Dmitry

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Laue, Thomas <Tom.Laue at unh.edu> wrote:

>  Here, here!
> Tom
>  ------------------------------

Dr. Dmitry Veprintsev
Group Leader
Conformational Dynamics of GPCRs
Laboratory of Biomolecular Research, OFLC/103
Paul Scherrer Institut
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
dmitry.veprintsev at psi.ch
Tel +41 (0) 56 310 5246; Fax +41 (0)56 310 5288
Secretary Mrs. Stefanie Whale +41 (0)56 310 4252 stefanie.whale at psi.ch
http://www.psi.ch/~veprintsev_d