[RASMB] turbo-molecular pumps in Beckman XLA XLI

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Fri Apr 12 11:07:32 PDT 2013

Arthur, FYI my XL-I drive (with ~30 billion revolutions) seems definitely to
have started leaking drive oil over the last year or so. Thus the
turbomolecular pumps will apparently not fix all the oil issues. Fortunately
this oil mostly accumulates on the circuit boards below the removable bottom
plate, and at least when running at 20-25 C isn't a big problem for the
optics. Note too that my XL-A with similar revs still leaks no noticeable
drive oil, so this issue does vary from one drive to another.

John
  _____