[RASMB] Amyloid Fibrils: AF4-MALS Characterization

William Wittbold wwittbold at wyatt.com
Mon Apr 8 05:43:47 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Dear all,

has anyone of you tried to describe the size/molecular weight of amyloid fibrils using the Fujita approach?

I am after a rather accurate determination of the MW (distribution) of fibrils. Therefore, using a scaling law to relate s with M seems the most  rigorous thing to do. I am, however not aware of any literature where  this approach has been used for peptide/protein fibrils. Am I missing a major point here, why this is not applicable? All comments, experiences and thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Best wishes

Sabine

I have a collaboration to fractionate and characterize a-beta distribution in Alzheimer's afflicted brains vs. healthy brains via asymmetrical field flow fractionation coupled to multi-angle static light scattering. Our Boston application lab uses the Eclipse DualTec AF4 system together with an Agilent UV detector, and a Wyatt DAWN HELEOS-II MALS and Optilab T-rEX RI detector for this work, and our preliminary data show a Mw distribution of 5 kDa up to hundreds of MDa.  If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Best Regards,

Will

[cid:image001.png at 01CE3433.870C4DB0]
William Wittbold | Application Scientist | Northeast Customer Service Manager
Wyatt Technology Corporation
6300 Hollister Avenue | Santa Barbara, CA  93117-3253
Phone: (805)681-9009 x 214 | Fax: (805)681-0123
Web: www.wyatt.com<http://www.wyatt.com/> | Skype: willwittbold
Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Wyatt Technology that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product, and is meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately, permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.