[RASMB] proteins in water

Carlos Alfonso Botello carlosa at cib.csic.es
Fri Jul 20 08:16:56 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

We are running a 10 kDa protein at concentrations
0.2-2 mg/ml in water (no buffer is present).The
sedimentation coefficients that we are obtaining
are lower than expected for the monomer (1.4 -
1.5S). Is there any correction of the S that we
could apply to obtain the correct S20,W.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Carlos

Dr. Carlos Alfonso
Departamento Biologia Celular y Molecular
Laboratorio de Interacciones Macromoleculares: Bioquímica Citomimética
Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas, CSIC
C/ Ramiro de Maeztu, 9.
28040-MADRID
Tlfno.- 91 8373112 ext.4406-4408-4297
Fax: 915360432.
E-mail: carlosa at cib.csic.es
NEW lab web page:
http://www.cib.csic.es/es/grupo.php?idgrupo=49
P Antes de imprimir este mensaje piense bien si
es necesario hacerlo. El medioambiente es cosa de todos.
Please consider your environmental resposability before printing this e-mail.