[RASMB] Announcement: UltraScan online seminar

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed May 2 12:34:33 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

our next online seminar for UltraScan-III is scheduled for tomorrow,
Thursday, May 3rd, at 11 am central time (+6 England, +7 rest of western
Europe, +1 eastern, -2 west coast). Emre Brookes and Mattia Rocco will
present the latest innovations in the UltraScan SOMO suite, and demonstrate
the newest features that have been added since the last SOMO workshop at
the AUC2012 conference.

As before, we will be using Evo teleconferencing software, which also
provides phone and Skype bridging (audio only). Evo can be configured
on any platform and only requires Java's JRE, and a headset with
microphone. For Skype and phone users, we are providing a VNC desktop
sharing application, for Evo users the desktop will be shared via Evo
(preferred).

You can find more information on Evo at: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/
A FAQ is available at: http://evo-wiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/FAQ
It is recommended to test your Evo connection before the meeting.

The meeting details are listed on the UltraScan website at:

  http://www.ultrascan.uthscsa.edu/seminar.php

We have opened the meeting two hours before starting the presentation to
allow sufficient time for testing.

See you tomorrow!

Borries, Emre and Mattia