[RASMB] Biohazard Level 2

jpsumida jpsumida at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:28:11 PST 2012

Dear RASMB,

would like to ask about how one operates an AUC in a Biohazard Level 2 environment.  We have a Proteome XLI equipped with a turbomolecular pump.  According to the manufacturer, installing a hepa filtration device in-line with the exhaust manifold could generate a sufficiently high back-pressure that could very well destroy the pump.  According to the manufacturer, this has not been done  previously with an XLI equipped with a turbomolecular pump.

Any advice and pointers are appreciated and my thanks to all for your time in advance.

John Sumida
Core Manager
University of Washington