[RASMB] XL-I start problem

Alvaro Ortega Retuerta alvarort at um.es
Tue Feb 7 09:54:37 PST 2012

Dear all,

I am using an XL-I which so far never showed any problem regarding
communication with the computer or any other issue. Perhaps my problem has
a trivial solution and that is why I ask for your experience before
contacting the Beckman service.

The problem is simply that the XL-I won't start. When the experiment is
setup in the Proteomelab software, hitting the Start single scan or Start
method scan will open the new window which just states "Waiting for speed".
The vacuum is at 0 microns, and even when set at 3000 rpm, hitting the
green start button in the XL-I console, or through the proteomelab software
(Start XL-I), it stays at 0 rpm.

There is no message of communication failure or anything. Has anybody had
this problem before? Or does anyone knows what would be the origin of this?
Perhaps it is a simple thing that I didn't realise.

Any comment, or advice, or hint that could help me find the way to make it
run again would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help
--

 Álvaro Ortega Retuerta