[RASMB] New Sednterp release

Trushar Patel patelt at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 2 13:34:42 PST 2012

Hi Tom,

Thanks for updating Sednterp, especially for a version that runs on Mac.

I was able to download and run it on my mac but found that there is a bug.

So what I am used to do is copy aminoacid sequence from a pdf or word
document and paste into sednterp to calculate vbar and molecular weight
of protein. I was doing the same exercise on the new version on my mac
and discovered that the */space/* between aminoacid as well as any space
before or after the sequence is considered as 'CY2' and being added to
the animoacid numbers yielding higher molecular weight and false vbar
value. Interestingly, I found that single space is considered as 2
aminoacids.

I tried reporting this bug on your wiki but there is no way I was able
to do so as John mentioned in his e-mail.

Also, retrieving database information takes long time on mac.

Thanks again,

Trushar

===================================
Trushar R. Patel
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Department of Chemistry, 144-Dysart Road,
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg,
Manitoba, R3T2N2- Canada

+ 1 (0) 204-4747172 (O)
patelt at cc.umanitoba.ca or trushar7 at hotmail.com