[RASMB] ITC instrumentation

Stephen McLaughlin stephenm at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 04:20:14 PST 2012

Hi Chad,

we have the GE ITC200 and would recommend it for data quality.  We have had similar problems to Lake with the port adapter due to the design problem.  Users just have to be careful not to over tighten.  We don't use the supplied Washer as there were issues and just wash out by suction.  Neither do we degass.  We have had no problems with baselines. The needles are more delicate than the VP-ITC but as the titrator is connected to an arm that guides the needle into the cell there are less handling issues.  I've heard that the TA needles have to be inserted manually.   It would be interesting to see both machines put head to head.  Has anyone done a direct comparison?

Cheers,
Stephen

On 18 Jan 2012, at 17:22, Chad Brautigam wrote:

> Hello to All,
>
> Recently, on another bulletin board I subscribe to, there were some uncomplimentary comments regarding recently purchased GE iTC200 instruments, but high praise for the TA small-volume Nano ITC.
>
> I was surprised at this turn of events, because, way back in 2009, I polled some iTC200 users, and they were universally happy with their instruments.
>
> We are considering acquiring a new small-volume ITC.  Can anyone in RASMB-land comment on your experiences with GE v. TA?  Any information or recommendations you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Chad
>
> ======================================
> Chad A. Brautigam, Ph.D.