[RASMB] SPR flow cell advice

jpsumida jpsumida at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:34:40 PST 2011

Dear RASMB,

I have a question about our spr instrument.  I realize this is primarily an AUC list but perhaps there are individuals who work with this instrument that may be able to provide some advice.

The IFC in our instrument fails like clockwork every six to seven months.  Very little information is provided by the vendor about why this is occurring except that it is expected to fail every six to nine months.

This is an expensive part to replace, and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and whether or not people have attempted a work-around to avoid having to spend 6k every six months to replace this part.

Any advice is appreciated and thank you in advance for your attention.

John Sumida
University of Washington.