[RASMB] FW: sedimentation velocity data

Leech, AP andrew.leech at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 02:51:17 PDT 2011

Hi Anamika,

You can check the radial calibration by scanning across your
counterbalance in hole 4 or 8 (depending on rotor). The inner
edge should be at 5.85 and the outer at 7.15 cm.

Further to John's comments, was there the same volume of
liquid in the cell after the run as before (both sectors)?
Leaks are usually obvious because the meniscus in one or other
sector gradually moves outwards, but your plot is too crowded
to tell that. If a leak happened, the data will not be analysable.

If it is due to the radial calibration problem, I suppose in
theory you could align all the data using the meniscuses
(menisci?) as a reference point. However, I think it would be
quicker to do the experiment again!

Best regards,

Andrew