[RASMB] acetonitrile

Stephen Harding Steve.Harding at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 08:08:52 PDT 2011

Dear Andrew and Ariel
Tom Laue and myself have recently been having a private discussion about this after some epon based centerpieces were (very!) worse for wear after exposure to dimethylacetamide.
As Ariel says, Kel-F double sectors have been reliable at modest temperatures but Beckman don't make them any more.  Probably aluminium (not Al-epon) or titanium would do instead, but best to test them with the solvent in a beaker overnight.
If anyone not working on organics have any old ds KelF's (even old 30mm's) they'd like to get rid of or exchange for epons or even sell please let us know!
All best
Steve

Steve Harding, National Centre for Macromolecular Hydrodynamics, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington LE12 5RD, UK. Tel: +44(0) 115 951 6148 (fax 6142); Mob: +44(0) 78110 90635; http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/Biosciences/People/steve.harding; http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ncmh (next year is 25th anniversary!)