[RASMB] partial specific volume of RNA

Aaron L Lucius allucius at uab.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:54:37 PDT 2011

I think you can get that information in this paper:

H. Durchschlag , Specific volumes of biological macromolecules and some other molecules of biological interest. In: H.-J. Hinz, Editor, Thermodynamic Data for Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1986), pp. 45-128.

However, he references this paper for RNA:  Pearce, T.C., Rowe, A.J., Turnock, G., 1975. Determination of the molecular weights of RNAs by low-speed sedimentation equilibrium: 16 S ribosomal RNA as a model compound. Journal of molecular biology 97, 193-201.

 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022283675800349

Best,

Aaron

Aaron L. Lucius, Ph.D.