[RASMB] error estimates and F-statistics in Sedphat

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue Apr 26 13:42:42 PDT 2011

Mark,

Given that the fit is so bad I'm not sure it makes any sense to try to get a
confidence interval. The model is clearly not even coming close to
representing the data, so what does this association constant mean?

I agree fully with Jack that you cannot expect the peaks from c(s) analysis
to give you the monomer and dimer sedimentation coefficients, and that you
really want to do a dilution series over a big concentration range. For
absorbance data that usually means either using multiple wavelengths (in
different runs) or using the 3 mm centerpieces to help cover a big range
while keeping the OD <=1 for the high end. Then you can either fit the
weight-average sedimentation coefficient versus concentration to a model, or
do global whole boundary analysis with SEDPHAT or SEDANAL (with the
sedimentation coefficients as fitting variables).

For this or any other experiment I also recommend that you fill you cells
more completely to get a better separation. Try to get the meniscus at
5.9-5.95 cm.

John

  _____