[RASMB] centerpiece/window compatibility with decontaminatingsolution

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Fri Apr 1 08:03:41 PDT 2011

Sumit, the Beckman materials compatibility guide that comes with the
centrifuge (also available on their web site) lists commercial bleach and
says its use with epoxy (Epon) is satisfactory. That list doesn't have an
entry for sapphire but I'm pretty sure it can stand up to bleach. Any
detergent is okay with centerpieces and windows.

I think your biggest decontamination issue is going to be the cell housing.
During filling you almost inevitably get some sample solution coming out
around the fill holes and hence into the threads of the housing. The
aluminum housings definitely cannot stand up to bleach.

John

  _____