[RASMB] centerpiece/window compatibility with decontaminating solution

Brandon L Doyle DOYLE_BRANDON_L at LILLY.COM
Fri Apr 1 05:51:29 PDT 2011

Sumit,

 I am not sure what variety of Contrad or concentration you are planning
on using for decontamination, but we routinely use Contrad70 (about 0.1-1%
vol/vol solutions) on Epon cells with no apparent ill effects.  We have
not noticed any etching of windows (or quartz spectroscopy cells for that
matter) with those dilute conditions either.

Brandon

sumit goswami <ikant11 at gmail.com>
Sent by: rasmb-bounces at rasmb.bbri.org
03/31/2011 10:19 PM

rasmb at rasmb-email.bbri.org
cc

Subject
[RASMB] centerpiece/window compatibility with decontaminating   solution

Hello All,
             I am planning to run some sed-vel experiments with a protein
that is cytotoxic. That means the components of the cell assembly will
require decontamination followed by the experiment. Can anyone tell me if
the centerpieces (Epon charcoal-filled) and the sapphire windows are going
to be okay with bleach or contrad? I am more concerned about the
centerpieces.

Thank you so much!
With regards,
RASMB mailing list