[RASMB] V-bar calculation for mAb

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue Mar 22 15:26:58 PDT 2011

Sumit,

Yes you could manually calculate the weight average of light and heavy
chain, but remember it is only the total AA composition that matters, and
for vbar purposes there is no distinction whatever between intra- versus
inter-chain disulfides. Thus the best thing to do is to simply merge
together the 2 sequences (using Notepad for example) and treat the entire
antibody as a covalent dimer of the single fused chain (the order of light
versus heavy is irrelevant). Once SEDNTERP sums the combined sequence, tell
it yes convert all the cysteines to disulfides, and then click the 'make an
oligomer' check box so it converts it to a dimer. Presto!

That will give you the right vbar for the polypeptide portion, but does not
deal with the carbohydrates which presumably are present.

John

  _____