[RASMB] Fwd: Re: AUC capabilities

Ewa Folta-Stogniew ef55 at email.med.yale.edu
Thu Jan 27 08:41:05 PST 2011

Hi Arthur,

I have no AUC data so far.  I am just asking
experts to whether AUC experiment may give us
confirmation of the Kd I had already measured by
light scattering.  I and the researchers on this
project are no AUC users, so we would need to
send the sample somewhere (or ask Yale AUC users
for help), or use Allen's approach (if it is feasible with 25 ug of protein).

So far, I am not encouraged as the protein is
produced in ~20 ug per prep (a very successful
prep), and I have not yet gotten estimates how
much protein will be needed for any of the proposed AUC approaches.

For your approach, what will be the amount of the protein needed?

Ewa