[RASMB] Lamp intensity fluctuations

Titus M. Franzmann tmfr at umich.edu
Wed May 19 13:26:54 PDT 2010

Hi again,
The machine has been inspected by the Beckman service tech and everything
was tested and is in spec.
However, the problem persists. We noticed that, when we let the rotor sit
for some time (here 3hrs) then the problem is significantly less pronounced
(please see attachment - left). We then stopped the machine, opened it,
pulled the vacuum and started the scans right away. In this case the
intensity go up by almost 50% (attachment - right). I wonder if this could
have something to do with the temperature or the vacuum?
Best
Titus